Saturday, April 27, 2013

Writer's Block


Writer’s block.  We’ve all felt it.  That dreaded enemy of writers and students everywhere.  That unexpected wall that we crash into when we're riding the creativity train.  That great yawing chasm of terror we feel when confronted with a blank page.


I am not a writer...or at least I'm not what most people think of when they talk about writers.  I have never published anything (or really written anything that I've considered worth publishing), so I can't really say that I know what I'm talking about with regards to writing.  

Actually, what I have the most experience with is writer's block.  I have a lot of experience with writer's block.  I spend a lot of time staring at that blank page.

But the best piece of advice I've ever heard or read to fix writer's block is to write.  To write anything.  It doesn't have to be whatever it is that you want to be working on.  It doesn't have to be what you think you should be inspired to write.  It just has to be anything as long as it is writing.

And that's what this blog is about:  writing.  

Writing about anything.  Writing about writing.  Writing stories and snippets of stories.  Anything to get past that dreaded writer's block that always gets in our way.

No comments:

Post a Comment